Biological Filtration: removes 7 log (99.99999%) of all bacteria like salmonella, cholera, and E. coli. And 6 log (99.9999%) of all Protozoa such as Giardia and Cryptosporidium. You will find these removal rates to equal or exceed competitive options. EPA guidelines allow ten times more Protozoa left in the water than we allow.
This filter does not remove dissolved solids, including chemicals and heavy metals.
SP180/SWP181 Helpful Hints
• If water is very dirty and full of particulate, use a cloth to prefilter the water.
• If water is very dirty and full of particulate, let the water stand in a separate container for a day and then decant the water from the top.
• When using very dirty water, clean the filter after every bucketful or at least daily.
• If water is very dirty and full of particulate, only use 1 foot of hose.
• Do not store backwash syringe in the sun.
• Keep the top of the bucket covered, but not sealed.
• When drilling hole, make sure to de-burr (remove all excess plastic) from the hole.